Final Days in Tampa: Mr. & Mrs.!

While Thursday and Friday were chock full of activity, Saturday brought a much more relaxed day for me. While Boat Shoes was taking care of groomsmen activities (I’m not sure what guys have to do to get ready, but I’m sure it involves poolside cocktails and reminiscing while the girls spend hours in hair and makeup), I hit up the Hyatt’s gym and pool to get a bit of sun and a touch of exercise before a long night.

Lots of poolside relaxation. Perfect Saturday.

After some running, some sun and a whole lot of relaxation, I got cleaned up and jumped on the shuttle to the 730P wedding ceremony. With 410 people on the guest list, I knew the place would be big, but the interior was just stunning all the way around.

With a handsome groomsman!

After the ceremony, we were shuttled to the reception at the Tampa Bay Yacht Club where the magic continued until 130A or so. With it being a late night wedding, the couple forwent the typical assigned seating and plated dinners and opted for heavy appetizers and food stations scattered throughout the space: a slider bar, a pasta and salad bar, a bar with crab cakes and conch fritters, a mashed potato bar, a taco and a carving station, etc,. etc. Pure gluttonous heaven. One of the highlights? The cigar rolling station that the couple had outside; men hand rolling cigars for guests. Perfectly classy and perfectly Floridian.

The outdoor tent -- so pretty. :)

Mr. & Mrs.

Β After the reception came to a close, we said goodbye to the happy couple and then made our way to a piano bar, Howl at the Moon, to continue the party before calling it a night.

Sunday Brunch. :)

The next morning, the groom’s family hosted us for an awesome brunch with the newly minted husband and wife. After a few hours of lounging outside and catching up with people, we had to say our goodbyes to friends and to Tampa. Of course, we made it back to San Francisco at midnight, only to be welcomed by 55 degree weather and rain. Not the weather we were hoping for, but at least we had our tans on the BART ride home.

xoxo from SF,